- All Seats for the MainStage plays are reserved.
- Please…DO NOT leave reservations on our voicemail or email.
- Let us know at the time you make reservations if you need wheelchair accommodations or a hearing assistance device.
- Reserved Tickets should be picked up at least 15 minutes prior to performances.
- Tickets NOT picked up at the designated times may be released to waiting patrons.
- However, if you see that you’re going to be late, call the Ticket Office and your tickets will be held for you. And, of course, if you find you can’t make it, PLEASE CALL!
The Ticket Office is ONLY open the Wednesday-Friday, 10:00 am-4:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am-1:00 pm BEFORE each MainStage Play weekend and one hour before curtain.
View an auditorium seating chart.
Reservations by Mail
THE BEST WAY TO MAKE RESERVATIONS IS BY MAIL
Send a Reservation Form or a letter to Community Theatre-Reservations (name of show), 1431 S 25th St, Terre Haute, 47803.
Be sure to include:
- A phone number where you can be reached during the day in case of a question;
- Day and date of performance you wish to attend;
- Number of seats needed;
- Payment — check (to Community Theatre of Terre Haute), Flexpass (it will be punched and returned to you), or credit card number and expiration date.
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope so your tickets can be mailed to you; or you may request that your tickets be held in the Box Office for pick up.
- Mail-in reservations are processed in postmark order.
- If you wish to sit with friends, please include all orders in the same envelope.
- Cash sales must be picked up 24 hours in advance.
- If you know that you’re going to be late, call the Ticket Office and we will hold your tickets until you arrive.
- If you find you cannot attend please call the Ticket Office to cancel.
- Hearing assistance devices (provided by a grant from the Wabash Valley Community Foundation, Inc.) are available. Be sure to reserve one when you order your tickets.
- Handicap parking is available. The front house is wheelchair accessible, and two areas in the auditorium have been designated for our wheelchair patrons. The ticket office will be glad to reserve seats in those sections upon request.
Reservation by Phone
Call 812-232-7172 only during the hours below. (if you get voice mail during ticket office hours volunteers are talking to other patrons, please try again.) For general information call 812-239-9487 or by email.
TICKET OFFICE HOURS FOR The Foreigner
$15 adults ● $10 all students
Wednesday, March 14 – 10:00 am—4:00 pm
Thursday, March 15 – 10:00 am—4:00 pm
Friday, March 16 – 10:00 am—4:00 pm & 7:00—8:00 pm
Saturday, March 17 – 10:00 am—1:00 pm & 7:00—8:00 pm
Sunday, March 18 – 1:30 pm—2:30 pm
Wednesday, March 21 – 10:00 am—4:00 pm
Thursday, March 22 – 10:00 am—4:00 pm & 7:00—8:00 pm
Friday, March 23– 10:00 am—4:00 pm & 7:00—8:00 pm
Saturday, March 24 – 10:00 am—1:00 pm & 7:00—8:00 pm
Sunday, March 25 – 1:30 pm—2:30 pm
Single Admission Prices
MainStage Play – Adult $15
MainStage Play – Student/Child $10
MainStage Musical – Adult $20
MainStage Musical – Student $15
Oakley Stage – All seats $10 (open seating)
Ten or more adult non-FlexPass holders, attending the same production, are entitled to a $2 discount per ticket. Tickets must be purchased together as one single transaction.
All MainStage evening performances are 8:00 pm and Sunday matinées are at 2:30 pm.