** indicates chairman of that committee is on the board
BOARD DEVELOPMENT ** Nominating, Retreat, Board Orientation/Training & Evaluation
BUILDING & GROUNDS ** Hire and oversee janitor. Keep all aspects of building & grounds in good working order: HVAC, plumbing, snow removal, grass, trees, plantings, etc.
- Property Usage & Theatre Rentals – screen and approve (or present to the board) requests by outside parties to use the theatre and properties; schedule and oversee any theatre usage by non-CT organizations, oversee renting or loaning theatre property, and conduct CT tours.
BUSINESS AFFAIRS ** Parliamentarian, handle business matters
- Finance** – prepare an annual budget and oversee audits, insurance, investments, and purchasing process
- Legal Advisor** – handle any legal matters of the theatre
- Policy – maintain and updated book of policies, procedures, and actions approved by board and distribute book to board members
DRAMA ** Members include Casting Chair, Play Selection Chair, and Drama Committee Chair.
Select directors for each season; this includes handling requests for new directors. Coordinates scheduling of activities of the committees, Participates in training sessions and other special projects, Selects the Holiday Show when appropriate. Sets season calendar.
- Play Selection Committee
- Traditional Play Reading Committee
- New Play Reading Committee
- Musical Play Reading Committee
- Casting Committee – with the directors run the audition process for each mainstage production, Oakley production, recruiting actors, if necessary, and cast show along with the directors.
- Awards Night – oversee and coordinate entire Awards Night
- Judging – secure judges and oversee judging procedure
- Director – create, direct, and produce Awards Night show
- Producer – work with the judging chm. to make sure there are enough Talleys (paint & assemble as necessary), secure presenters, and crews..
- Indiana Community Theatre Association
FRONT HOUSE ** Oversee all events and displays in the lobby
- Gallery – arrange for and set up gallery displays
- Hospitality – opening night receptions; organize the board holiday party
- Marquee – keep marquee up to date
- Ushers — secure, train, schedule, and oversee ushers; handle ordering, storing, and selling soft drinks during performances
FUND DEVELOPMENT **
- Grants – investigate grant opportunities for CT programming and fill out all grant requests
- Annual Fund Committee
- Memorial Fund – keep a database of all donors, thank donors, and send lists of donors and addresses to appropriate family member, see that the list of all previous year’s donors is included in main program book.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ** – Responsible for the ownership and maintenance of the theater’s business-related technology. The I.T. committee also advises on the acquisition and use of production-related technology.
- Newspaper articles and advertising
- Season Brochure
- Program Book (main program) and
- Program Inserts (show program)
SAFETY & SECURITY ** – Oversee safety of CT property, volunteers, & patron; security of money, computer, parking lot & north side of building, lobby/art work, & maintain the fire extinguishers, first aid kits, & emergency evacuation procedures
- Season Tickets – organize and oversee all aspects of season ticket sales: sales materials, record keeping, and money collection
- Ticket Office – man and oversee all ticket office activities; order play tickets for the year
- Program Book Ads – recruit salesmen, sell ads, collect money, and coordinate ad copy with printer in the program book
- Sponsors – secure sponsors for plays, coordinate ads, posters, and marquee
PRODUCTION ** Work with directors and sub chm to assemble Production Teams for each show; develop a budget for each show; establish and post a master calendar with each show and their production requirements
- Set Construction
- Set Decoration
- Special Effects
VOLUNTEERS **Act as point of entry host to newcomers and promote new volunteers
- Database – maintain database for volunteers, ticket sales, casting, sponsors, advertisers
- Programs and workshops — organize, staff, and schedule workshops and programs to educate old volunteers and recruit new volunteers
- Safety training workshops
- Hands on mentoring program